Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wren - Gen 4 Ch 3




In light of the mysterious deaths of Wren's brother and sister by exploding birthday cake, and the convenient and wished for deaths of her parents not long after, Wren and her imaginary friend decided their best course of action was to leave town for a while, now that they were young adults.





They arrived at University full of hopes and dreams, and the fervent desire to make friends and connections that would aid them in their chosen careers.



"HELLO NERDY LOOKING GUY. I'M WREN!"
"Uh, Wren. I don't think that's the best way to win friends and influence people.."
"Shut up, Voice in my Head. I do what I want."



Cuddles didn't have any better luck with his first introduction to their new dorm mates. Wren didn't even see what happened to set off the jock that attacked him, and afterward, Cuddles never would say. But he did insist that he didn't want to be referred to as 'Cuddles' anymore. His new name was Curt.



"Hey, Voice. The first thing I want to do is lead a protest."
"Okay, I guess. Get yourself down to the Quad and let's do it. What are we protesting?"



"The cops, of course! Look! Everyone agrees with me! Mwa ha ha!"



It was a hugely successful protest. Wren was really moving on up in the rebel's social group.



Her lectures were as boring as they looked, but Wren studied hard, because she really really wanted a degree.



 And back at the dorm, she continued her quest to alienate everyone she came into contact with - first the jock that Cuddl..er, Curt had gotten into a fight with...



...then, Derek the vampire felt the loving touch of her best 'getting to know you' insult.



Even Cu..rt was allowed in on the fun.
"Is that really how you want to treat your best friend?"
"Shut up, Voice. I do what I want!"



"On second thought, he is kinda cute. And he is my best friend."




Wren and Curt both passed their midterms with flying colors, and Wren wanted to throw a juice kegger to celebrate.
"Just try to be at least semi-nice to your guests."
"Hey! I resent that. I always try to be nice. I can't help it if everyone I know is annoying as hell."



The party was epic - keg stands and streakers everywhere. There was even a zombie magician.
"Great party, Wren. I didn't think you could do it! Cudd..er, Curt is getting juiced out of his mind. Uh,Wren? Where'd you go?"



"I have to study. Right now."
"But.. but.. the term is over. Classes don't start again until tomorrow."
"Doesn't matter. Must study."



"Come on, Wren. The dishes have been sitting there for a week. They can wait a few more hours. Go and enjoy your party!"
"Nope. Gotta do all the dishes. Right now."
"Alright then, go ahead. Be a party pooper."



"Is this better? Happy now?"
"Um..I.. uh.. guess so."



After the party broke up, Wren spent the rest of the night flirting with the fighting jock.



"You really think that coffee's going to help, after staying up all night?"
"It better. I have class in two hours."



It was dark when she got out of her last class of the day, and Wren was so tired she thought she might pass out in the snow. Nothing like a little herb to wake you up enough to get home.



In fact, she was awake enough to set up her presentation board for a little imprompu speech...



...after which she promptly threw up in the snow.



She arrived home at midnight and headed right to the coffee pot...



...then out into the yard to mock Curt's appearance.
"Fantastic. Just fantastic. Are you planning on staying up all night again tonight? And what's up with the way you're treating Curt?"
"Shut up, Voice. I do what I want!"



It was a good thing her next class wasn't until four o'clock the next afternoon.
"Uh..what's up with your lecture class? There's no one here."
"Dunno. Maybe they got snowed in. I'm here though, I'll just have class by myself."



"Uh, Wren? There's no one here..."
"Doesn't matter. I get extra credit for asking questions. So I'm asking questions."
"Hmm..okayyy."



"Wheee! We did it! We passed! We got our degrees!"
"No need to thank me for reminding you to study and go to class.."




Graduation was a formal affair, and for once Wren wore the proper outfit. Curt for some reason didn't get a graduation gown, but he graduated anyway.
"Aww.. Curt is flirting with you again.. I think he likes you."



"I like my phone."
"Sigh... typical Wren. What am I gonna do with you?"
"Shut up,Voice. I do what I want!"




No comments:

Post a Comment