Friday, January 18, 2013

Malibu - Gen 3 Ch 9


"So, what do you say we..."
Neil reached out to hold my hands. Suddenly I had second thoughts. What in the world was I doing??
"Uhh.. sorry Neil. I think I gave you the wrong impression. I'd better be going."
I raced off toward home. No promotion was worth what I had been about to do. I couldn't wait to get home and hold my Benji like I never wanted to let go.



But much to my chagrin, Benji wasn't even home. Rain said he'd gone off the the gym for some kind of photo opportunity.



Sure, I trusted him, but just the thought of him in his workout shorts, posing for all the those adoring fans....


I sighed and settled down for a long evening of meditation. At least that calmed me down some.



He crawled into bed long after I was asleep.



And he was still dead to the world when I awoke to the sound of Blue Jay babbling from his crib.



I guess I really can't complain. Benji is a good father..



...and we still find time here and there for a little together time. But life is so busy.



Benji had been promoted to undercover agent, and today he left home in this get-up. What kind of group could he possibly be infiltrating to dress like that?



And I finally got my long awaited promotion to starter! I raced home as fast as I could to tell Benji.



"Oh, he said to tell you he had another one of those photo ops - this time at the bar down the street. They want him to have a drink or something, he'll be home soon."
Rain broke the news. I just sighed once more.



Too bad for him, he would miss Robin's birthday. She played her favorite game,"queen of the royal court", one last time at the dining table.



Then it was time to grow up, with Rain and me cheering her on.



Rain had recently become an elder; it still shocked me when I saw her, how white her hair had become. It got me to thinking - how much time did I have left to achieve my life's goal? I had only just made the starting team, I had a long way to go. But I shook my head to clear those thoughts, and concentrated on Robin's birthday.
"Happy Birthday, Robin!"



We got Robin a puppy for her birthday. She named him Sam. She's had a love affair with every dog she's met, since the day she turned six, and we figure now she will be able to handle the responsibility. 



I have to admit, he is a cute little thing, even though he a lot of work...



...and Robin loves him to death. Every time I see her, she's loving on him, or playing with him, or teaching him the rules of the house.



Not long after, it was time for little Blue Jay's birthday.



But I had an important game that night, and Benji was out signing autographs at the bookstore...



....and I guess Robin and Rain were too busy playing catch out in the yard...



So Blue Jay grew up all by himself, pool little guy.
"Happy Birthday, Jay!"

1 comment:

  1. Blue Jay is cute and I'm glad that she didn't end up throwing away what she had with Benji. She seems to be promoted slowly at work, but I've always found that one difficult.

    ReplyDelete