Friday, January 25, 2013

Malibu - Gen 3 Ch 10


I really don't know what got into me. After all, I'm still trying to reach my goal at the top of the sports career, and it's been slow going.
But one night, I whispered to Benji," Let's have just one more baby. Just one more, okay?"
Of course, Benji thought that was a great idea.





A few days later, it seemed my wish was granted, as I couldn't stray far from the bathroom without dire consequences.



 I forced myself to go to work that day anyway. I knew this would be my last chance to make team captain for a long time. It was hard, but I did it! Team captain! Three more levels to go.



It actually was kind of nice to have another forced vacation. I spent time playing with Sammy..



...and daydreaming in my new rocking chair. Hmmm, did I want a boy or a girl? I decided at last that it didn't much matter.



And I kept up with my training. I need to hit the ground running when I get back to work.



Now that Jay had grown into a child, he was no better that Robin about sleeping at night. I'd read him his bedtime story, and thirty minutes later, there he was, wandering the house again. He never finished his homework, and I despaired of him ever growing up well.



Until, one day, when his class took a field trip to the theater for a show. I couldn't believe how excited he was when he got home.
"Guess what, mom? We saw some acrobats! It was so cool! I wanna be an acrobat someday!"



I saw my opening and took it.
"Well, you know you can't be an acrobat if you don't do your homework."
"I can't?"
"Nope. They won't let you unless you do good in school."
He wasn't happy about it, but he buckled down after that and started doing better in school.



My due date was getting close, and my favorite activity became soaking in the hot tub. I turned the heat down low, and just relaxed for hours.
"Don't you dare touch my clothes, Robin."
"Hehehe. I ..uh..wasn't doing anything."
"Yeah, right."
More than once I exited the hot tub to find my clothes had mysteriously disappeared.



One evening late, I was about to have some 'me' time in the hot tub, when I felt the first pains of labor.
I called for Benji, but there was no answer. That's strange, I knew he was home. I had purposefully asked him to stay home because the baby was so close, instead of doing one of his paparazzi photo ops.



I called again, louder this time, but still no answer. I could hear him and Robin talking on the other side of the back yard, but I guess they were so engrossed in their conversation they didn't hear me.



I caught sight of Jay swimming in the pool near my feet.
"Jay! Tell daddy I need him!"
"Can't, mom. I'm practicing my somersaults in the water."
"Jay, please!"
I was getting desperate. He started to get out of the pool then, but it was too late.



The baby was coming! I welcomed Wren into the world in our own back yard.



But I wasn't finished. After Wren came Raven! I felt bad about laying her on the deck, but I had no choice. Twin girls! I never expected that!



Now Benji and Robin showed up, after it was all over.



Benji took an instant liking to Raven.



In the weeks that followed, don't know what I would have done without Benji...



... and my sister Rain. They stepped up and helped out big time.



We were so busy I didn't even have time to miss work - feedings, diapers, playtime - I barely had time to think of anything else. But time moved on, as it has a habit of doing.



Sammy grew up from a cute little puppy into an adorable little dog.



 His only vise was sleeping in the living room chair instead of his own bed, a habit I forgave him of, since he was so good otherwise.



Robin still adored him, and was constantly giving him treats. She also gave away treat to all the stray dogs that came around, a development that I wasn't that pleased with.
"Oh, but mom, she would plead. "They're all so sweet. It's not their fault they don't have a home. They just need some love. When I grow up, I want to have a dog sanctuary, where all the stray dogs can come to find a home."



Prom time rolled around, and Robin went by herself. She came home all excited.
"Mom! You won't believe what happened! I got into a fight, and then Carmelo asked me to dance, and I said yes, and now he wants to be my boyfriend!"



Jay was back to his old tricks, of not sleeping at night, now that we were too busy most of the time to watch him. One day he fell asleep on the floor in the front hall.



And another day his teacher called to report that he had fallen asleep on the bench outside the school. He'd been so tired he'd never made it onto the bus. He even got a detention for sleeping in class. What was I going to do with that boy?



He didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, he started staying at school until after dark most days, 'practicing at being an acrobat', according to him.



Of course, I didn't stop to realize that his sleeping problems might have something to do with the giant piles of stinky laundry gracing his bedroom floor. In fact, the whole house was a mess, from the constant demands of the twins. Even neat-freak Rain,who usually kept the house spotless, didn't have time to clean up.



Rain's idea to fix the mess was uh.. this. She dragged it home from her job at the science facility one day. She works in the top secret inventions department. She said it was some kind of automated maid, but the kinks weren't quite worked out yet. She warned me that it looks rather - skeletal. So far, no one has gotten up the courage to open the coffin looking thing to try it out.



Jay had been good for a few days, so to encourage him, we let him have a slumber party for his birthday. He'd been wishing for one for a while.



We were all shocked when he grew up. I sometimes forget that Benji used to be my imaginary friend, and he passed along the trait to Jay. I never expected him to turn into toy form at his birthday party. Neither did his guests, they all left soon after the cake.



I didn't have time to worry about that, though. I heard the twins fussing upstairs. They wanted in on the birthday fun, and grew up that night, too!
"Happy Birthday, Wren and Raven!"



Jay got over the novelty of going around in toy form and changed back to my real boy, only somehow his hair had changed color in the process. He doesn't care, he says it will good for his acrobatic career.
"Happy Birthday, Jay!"


****************************************************************************

NOTES: So, I don't recommend spending 4k on the Bonehilda Coffin. They all got wishes to buy it, but once it was bought, they don't use it autonomously, and they never get wishes to use it.
And, twins!! No fertility treatments, no kids TV or music. It was a total surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Jay's a handsome teen. And the twin girls are cute too. And little Raven is the only one that's blue like Malibu. Is Malibu going to be cutting it close for her goal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. She had 3 more levels, and still has 7 days before she becomes an elder. But no more babies!

      Delete