Sunday, February 3, 2013

Malibu - Gen 3 Ch 11




Now that the twins were toddlers, they were just as much work, if not more, then before. Only now, I was trying to juggle their needs with a long awaited return to the stadium. I couldn't have done it without everyone's help. It took a huge load off my mind to know that Rain was there when I left for work.





Jay helped out when he could,



...and Robin - well, let me say this. Just when I thought she was taking an interest in helping out.. she brought home yet another stray. Oh, you thought she was on her way over to give Raven her bottle?



Not likely. Kia's brushing was much more urgent than a hungry toddler.



The two little dogs did get along well together....



...and Robin took excellent care of them both. I guess it could be worse - at least she wasn't making things more difficult, even though she wasn't really helping with the twins, either.



Benji, on the other hand, outdid himself in his efforts to help out - even potty training! He started staying home in the evenings more often, too. He still went out to his celebrity events, but most nights he came right home after.



"Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?"
I giggled like a schoolgirl at his flattery.
"Only about five minutes ago!"
The word around town in the latest celebrity gossip columns was all about Benji's eternally faithful reputation. All those worried nights I had spent, and he had never cheated, not even once.



"Mind if I join you in here?"
I giggled. "Come on in!"



And of course, there was the old tumble under the covers at all hours of the night.



Then one evening he arrived home from work early, and caught me up in a fervent kiss. Then he just looked at me for a long minute, chewing on his lower lip.I could tell he wanted to say something, but was having a hard time getting the words out.
"Spill it, Benji. After all these years,I can tell when something's eating you."
"Well, you see.. I was just sitting there at work yesterday, filling out my reports,when I got this phone call. Um..it was your boss. He wanted to offer me a job at the stadium. I was thinking it would be nice to work with you, and it would also be good for finally getting that last celebrity star that I've been wanting, so I said yes."
"That's great news! So, what level will you be coming in at?"



"Um, that's the thing, Mali. They want me to be the team Superstar."
My jaw dropped, and my heart with it. Superstar? That was my life's ambition. I'd been working for that title ever since I graduated from high school, and I was still only the Team Captain. It wasn't fair.


Benji was so excited about working at the stadium with me, that I tried to make the best of it. It was hard though, especially when he was promoted only a few days later to Sports Legend, and I was still stuck back at Team Captain.



As a Sports Legend, he was expected to do autograph signings at the stadium after work. Even my sister Marina went all gaga when he signed her team photo.



When I left work later on that night, he was still scribbling away. I stopped to chat with my sister for a few minutes, thinking he would be finished soon and I could give him my big news.



But it soon became obvious that this autograph session was far from over, so I headed for home. I had been promoted to MVP, but clearly the fans didn't care - not when there was a Sports Legend posing for pictures.



But life moved on, as it has a habit of doing. Benji became an elder, but to me he was still as handsome as ever. That autograph session had done it for Benji - pushed him over the top to the highest ranks of celebrity. He was listed in the guide to 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' as the most famous celebrity in Hidden Springs. He had achieved his lifetime wish long before I would. I was happy for him, but discouraged that I was so far behind.



Robin grew up soon after, in the upstairs hallway while I was still at work.



Her graduation was the next day. She gave a fantastic valedictorian speech. I had a hard time concentrating, though - I was worried about missing yet another day at work.



We stayed at city hall until dark, visiting with the other graduates and their families. We had all completely forgotten that it was the twins' birthday as well as graduation day. We had stayed out too long, and Wren grew up at the side of the road on the way home.



Raven grew up in the nursery, but I missed it, because, well.. just because.



Life moved on yet again, and I had my own birthday a few days later. Still MVP. Still trying for that elusive Superstar title.



We bought Wren a rocking horse, and she rarely played with anything else.



That is,until one day, I noticed her doll was missing, and she was pillow fighting with an invisible friend.



Soon after, Raven was constantly making the feathers fly with her 'Cuddles'. I smiled quietly to myself at them both. Yes, that's how it started with Benji and me, too.



As for me, I had one more trick up my sleeve, to try and earn that last promotion.
"You know, sweetie. I was thinking. Do you suppose you could put in a good word for me at the stadium? I'm so close to a promotion, but it just doesn't seem to be happening."
"Of course, Mali. You know I'd do anything for you."



Meet Malibu Whisperwind, Superstar! Benji came through for me big time. Finally I get to wear shades to work. 

****************************************************************
Notes

I thought this generation would never end. Poor Mali, every time it was a work day, something would happen and there would be no work that day. She was so close on Tuesday, then Wednesday was a game, and Thursday was her day off. I did not want to tread water through three more sim days. So I happened to be looking thought her co-workers, and noticed that Benji had become her boss. So, she asked him for a promotion.. success!

Still up in the air about the heir. Robin moved out, so it's not going to be her. I really like Jay, and I haven't played the acrobat career before. I know he's not blue, but I think he's cute. Then there is Raven and Wren, but they are still children, and it will be a long time before they're grown up. So I'm leaning toward Jay.....





No comments:

Post a Comment