Monday, June 27, 2011

Misty - Gen 1 Ch 3

It's the morning after your wedding. Aaron's mom stayed all night. And now she's broken your bathtub. Your filthy bathtub, I might add. What are you going to do about it?

Well, she is Aaron's mom after all. It's not like I can tell her to leave. And I was planning on cleaning the tub before the wedding and I just ran out of time, so there.


Oh my, do my eyes deceive me? Or are you actually fixing the tub? I didn't know you cared about such mundane things.

Haha, very funny. I can't very well clean it if it's broken, can I?

Wonderful way to spend your honeymoon, doing home maintenance. What's Aaron doing while you're busy playing Ms. Fixit?


He went out jogging, I think. He's really into working out.

Oh, yes..he certainly did. Without his shirt, too. Yum.


Ohhh Misty. You should see this. Aaron is giving himself a sponge bath in the kitchen.

And you're watching?? Just a sec, I'll be right there.


I just gotta give this toilet a few more whacks with the hammer, that should make it self-cleaning for sure.


Never mind. He's back to working out  to the radio now.

Boo, too bad. I'd have liked to have seen that.

So, when are you two going to start doing real honeymoon stuff? You know, like making out, woohoo, making babies, that sort of thing?


Not to worry, we spend lots of time doing honeymoon stuff.

Right in front of the giant picture window in your bedroom, I see.


Hey, we're on the third floor, I don't think anyone would watch.

Err... of course not, no one's watching..


Throwing another party? What's the occasion this time?

A Campaign Fundraiser! I'm running for mayor! Isn't that exciting? I hope I'll get enough donations tonight to run an awesomely successful campaign.

I just hope your guests don't try to eat that old wedding cake. I think it has green fuzz growing on it.


Oh, and by the way, it's my birthday, too! I thought I'd combine my fundraiser with a little birthday party.


Happy Birthday! Does that mean you'll start thinking about starting a family? Maybe? Pretty please?

Eh, not yet. There's plenty of time for that later. Right now I just wanna win this election.


Uh oh.. What's going on? Trouble in love bird land?

Not really. Aaron just teased me one too many times about getting older. And it doesn't help I lost my election. And I'm sick and tired of this crummy apartment.

Ah, it sounds like someone might be having a little mid life crisis, perhaps?

Grrrr... not you too.

Okay, okay, sorry. You can move if you want to, you know.


Good. I want to. Let's go already.

You're just going to leave that pile of dirty laundry on the floor?

Yup, and the green wedding cake is staying on the counter, too. We need a fresh start.


I found you a really cute little house. It even has a nursery. Hint hint. Do you like it?

I must admit it is nice. And it's right across the street from the ocean. It even has a yard. And the nursery will make a great art room. Haha, just kidding. Actually, no I'm  really not kidding. I have too many other problems to think about babies right now...


... like, take my job, for instance. As in, take this job and shove it. I hate my job. I've been a city councilwoman practically forever. I'm never gonna unseat the current mayor. So I have it all decided. I'm changing jobs! I just got myself a new job at the theatre!

I know you've lost a few elections, but... isn't this a little drastic? What is your new job, anyway?

I'm a music fan! Doesn't that sound like fun? No more ugly brown skirts for me!



Just thought I'd let you know, while you were at the theatre, Aaron had his birthday.

Awww, dammit. I totally forgot about it. Is he freaking out?

Not at all. In fact he looks pretty proud of himself. And wait 'til you see his new haircut.


Salad for dinner again tonight?

Yeah. We can't afford to go out right now.  It was totally worth it, but it turns out I had to take a huge cut in pay when I  started my dream job at the theatre.

Well, I tried to warn you about that. But you do realize that your grocery budget would stretch a lot farther if you'd just put away your leftovers once in a while?

I suppose. But who likes soggy leftover salad? I'm thinking about selling that giant coffee machine we got for a wedding gift, but I just can't bear to part with it. I like my coffee in the morning.


Besides, there's lots of fun free stuff we can do together - like watching the stars out on our new driveway.

Awww, how sweet. Any chance it might lead to, you know, a little bundle of joy for that nursery?

Sigh. You're as bad as Aaron's mom. When the time is right, you'll be the first to know.



Right now, I'm much more concerned about my hair.

Your hair? I like your hair.

Well, I'm tired of it. I need a new hairstyle to go with my new job.


So, what do you think? I chopped it all off. It feels sooo much better.

It's... different.


Wheee! Don't you just love our new water slide? Aaron got a raise at work, and it was the first thing we thought of... gotta get a water slide! Now if I can just distract Aaron from his treadmill for a little while, we can have some real fun.



... and then maybe a completely different kind of fun. Hehehe. Speaking of which, Aaron and I have a very important announcement to make. We've talked it over, and we are ready to start a family! Aren't you excited?

Excited? I'm positively ecstatic! Does this mean your midlife crisis is over?

Over and done with. I'm ready to move on.


Right now? Your going to try for a baby now? Eeeee!

Yup, right now. And no, you can't watch.


Bleh! I don't think I've ever been this sick in my life. I couldn't even wait 'til Aaron was finished in the bathroom.

Hehehe. I think I know what that means!

What? That the salad I had for breakfast had been sitting on the kitchen counter a little too long?

No no. I think you're pregnant!


Well, it looks like you were right. I'm indeed pregnant.

Yay!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy I could cry. I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sponge bath at the sink is so funny!!
    What town are you playing in??
    Can't wait to see the baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a custom town - Los Aniegos Late Night.

    ReplyDelete