Tuesday, September 6, 2011

River - Gen 2 Ch 10

Isn't this getting a little awkward? I mean - you, Peaches, Periwinkle, Erika - all in the same house together?

Not really. Well, maybe. But what am I gonna do? What's done is done. And Peri is an amazing little boy!


I still can't believe that Erika doesn't seem to mind in the least.

I told you, it was a totally friendly arrangement. Erika understands that.


She loves little Peri as much as I do.

Amazing. Simply amazing. I'd have thought she'd be furious.

I'm not sure why.

Uh.. the whole woohoo in the theater thing, perhaps? I guess she really trusts you, doesn't she?

She knows I'll never love anyone else but her.



I can't believe you're an elder already. How time flies. And you still have two more elections to win - you need to get moving!

A 'Happy Birthday' would have been nice, you know.



Happy Birthday, Peaches!

Oh sure, you wish her a happy birthday.

She doesn't have to complete her lifetime wish anytime soon. And oh, by the way, Peaches has figured a way out of the current awkwardness.



She and Levar are getting married! Right here in the upstairs hallway.

Wha...?? 


Wow. I can hardly believe she's moving out. I'm gonna miss her.

It's for the best, don't you think? And I'm sure she'll be back to visit.


After all, who could leave this little cutie alone for long?


Not Erika, that's for sure. I'm really glad she gets along so well with him.

 
Teaching Peri to talk? Are you trying for another genius baby per chance?

Of course! I want all my kids to be geniuses.



Uh, River... you do realize you're teaching Peri to walk in a puddle from the overflowing potty chair, yes?

Huh? Oh, I guess it is a little stinky in here. I hope someone cleans it up.

I think that means it's not gonna be you.

I don't clean potties. Not my job.



I guess you're right. Vice presidents ride to work in their limousines. They don't clean potties.

Exactly. I have a maid to to that.

One more election to win. You're almost there!


Wait! River! Come back. Malibu is growing up!

But Erika's playing the guitar again. I have to go listen!


Her annoying doll grew up with her.

Annoying? How can you say such a thing?

Because, now she's gonna be just like you were when you were a kid. Always pillow fighting, never doing homework or going to bed.

I'm sure she'll be just fine. You worry too much.



Amazing. An actual birthday party for Marina? And you didn't make her take a shower first?

She's a little blackened from the chemistry set, but she's not really dirty. I'm sure she'll take one when she's ready. 

Sigh. You have such a messed up sense of cleanliness.


And here we have - a singed teenage Marina! Happy Birthday!


I see she eventually did take a shower.


Another birthday!

*Sniff* My baby boy is growing up.

And you still haven't make it to the top of your career.

I'm working as hard as I can! Stop bugging me about it. I'll get here eventually.


My little genius.


Your little genius is a bit neurotic if you ask me. These freak out sessions are not normal, if you ask me.

No one asked you. All my children are perfect. And adorable.



It's a good thing they're all so self sufficient or they'd starve. If it wasn't for Rain, the little ones would be eating ice cream at every meal. In case you didn't notice, she's the only one doing any cooking around here.

Hey, I resent that implication! I'm a good dad! Rain likes the practice, so Erika and I let her do the cooking.


I'd rather do the fun stuff, like read Peri a  bedtime story.



Or play chess with Malibu. She always beats me though. Must be the genius in her.


Sometimes I wonder about the whole genius thing. Taking a bath with your clothes on doesn't seem to be real smart to me.

That was just the one time. She's never done it since. I'm sure she had a good reason.



Malibu is having her birthday at her friend's house?

Yeah, she wanted to go to Brianne's after school, so I guess she's having her birthday there.


Happy Birthday, Malibu.


Ack! What are you doing, River? Why are you yelling at Rain?

I'm not yelling, I'm practicing my speech. It's election day tomorrow. I'm going inspire everyone! They'll have to elect me.


Congratulations! You did it. Leader of the Free World. You know this means goodbye, right?

I never thought I'd say it, but I think I'm gonna miss you.

Now the only question is, which one of your kids am I going to start bugging?


********************************************************

Notes

I think I'll put up a 'fake' heir vote, since I fell in love with one of my kids, and already started on the next generation. I want to see who you all would have chosen, and also check to see if the blogger poll is working again.
I included the picture of Malibu in the bath tub because I thought it was funny. I don't know why she got in with her clothes on. She didn't have any traits that would make her do that - athletic, excitable, genius.






3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everyone seemed to be okay with the adorable son of Rivers and how he got him. It must have been some glitch sort of like when Cranberry went to school in her pjs and she doesn't have any trait to do that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. arrrrr Peri is so cute - I am glad River made his LTW - I am sad to see him go though - lol @ the fake heir vote - i would have voted for peri i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. River makes a good looking elder! Loved Peaches getting married in the hallway.

    Love the fake heir vote. I have a favourite in my wishacy as well so I might do a fake vote too haha.

    ReplyDelete