Saturday, August 27, 2011

River - Gen 2 Ch 9

Isn't she beautiful? Our little Marina.

She is. Her hair looks like your dad's after he had the blond streaks put in.



And what's this? You're teaching her to talk?


And walk? Will wonders never cease? What's come over you? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

I want her to grow up to be a genius, so she has to get a good start in life, right?

Aha, I knew there had to be an ulterior motive.



I was thinking, one more would be nice. Maybe a boy for Erika. She still wants a boy, you know.

Well, if that's what you want, you better get busy. Erika doesn't have many child-bearing days left, you know.


So yeah, I took your advice, leave us alone for a while, will you? We're trying to make a baby here.

Sure thing. Good luck!


Hehe, we did it! I really, really hope we have a boy this time.

I hope so too, since you won't get another chance. Erika is going to age up the day after this baby is born. Just for you, I'll make sure she eats lots of apples.


Are you sure that's a good idea, reading Rain to sleep in Peaches' bed?

I don't see why not, it's not like Peaches needs the whole bed now, does she?


You didn't know that Peaches had a boyfriend now? They might be needing the whole bed, you know. He's downstairs with her right now.

What!? Boyfriend??  I thought that was just one of her co-workers. Since when did Levar become her boyfriend?


Well, to be fair, it happened just this morning, while you were busy with Marina. So I guess you couldn't have known. They've been pretty busy since then, though. Do you want to know the details?

Uh.. no thanks. I can't believe you watched them.



Ho hum, it looks like it's River freak-out time again. Time to head to the hospital, daddy.

Ack! Eek! Oh... yeah... hospital.


It's a girl! Her name is Malibu.

I see that. So much for the barrel of apples I forced Erika to eat.

I still want a boy. I do love her dearly, but just one boy - is that too much to ask?


I just don't see how that's gonna happen - Erika just became an elder.

She's still just as beautiful as ever, I think. And I'm sure you'll think of something - you always do.

Hm..well, you could adopt.

Mmm.. we could, I guess. But I would really like to have a son that was part of me, you know?


I know! What about Peaches? I know she loves babies. She gets really bent out of shape when Erika beats her to Malibu.

Uh... what about Peaches? You mean... you and Peaches.. What??? I thought you didn't like Peaches that way?

I don't. I would just ask her as a favor, you know. No romance involved.

But.. but she has a boyfriend! And you are married! Think of the scandal!

It was just an idea. If you come up with anything better, I'm sure you'll let me know.


In the mean time, I see it's time for another 'welcome baby' party.

Actually it's a campaign fundraiser.

Coulda fooled me. Everyone's arguing over who's going to hold the new baby again, just like all your parties.


Oh my, who is the handsome blond kid that came with Ocean?

Oh, that's Fluffy's boy Cameron. You remember Fluffy, Ocean's imaginary friend? She left Ocean and married some guy and they have two kids.


And this is his brother Casey.

Yummy.

What?

Nothing. Never mind.


I'm glad Peaches' boyfriend made it to the party. He seems to be a decent sort. He's even donating to my campaign. I wonder... I bet he wouldn't mind if I asked Peaches to... you know. Maybe I could offer him a job in my administration, when I win the election..

I can't believe you're actually going to do this.


I have my doubts if Peaches will even agree to it. She has a good thing going at the stadium as a super star athlete, you know.


"So let me get this straight. You want me to give you a son.  Because Erika can't have any more kids. River, you have been my BFF since forever. How can I possibly refuse?"

Ehehehe! She agreed!

This is madness, you know. But since you are set on doing this, I have an idea. You remember you and Peaches both have a cameo scheduled at the theater tomorrow. Perhaps something can be arranged while you are there. 


At least you used separate exits. I don't think anyone noticed anything untoward. Now to force feed Peaches as many apples as I can.

You think it worked?

I know it worked.



It worked!

I told you. I still think this was a bad idea, though.

I think it's a great idea! What's wrong with it?

Oh, just this: The popular governor of a large west coast state has a secret love child with his live-in babysitter. What could possibly go wrong?


It's birthday time! Always fundraisers, but never birthday parties for your kids.

Malibu got a doll in the mail! I hope it becomes as good a friend for her as Peaches has been for me.


Happy Birthday, Marina, genius child.



And Happy Birthday, Rain!

She inherited her love of the outdoors from me!


One more birthday today! River, aren't you going to take Peaches to the hospital?

Huh?

Oh, never mind, you're still at work.


Oh my. You got your boy. And it's gonna be glaringly obvious to everyone, that you are the father. He looks just like you. 

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, there's no way to deny that is his son. Can't wait to see what he looks like as a toddler and how his wife deals with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha. I loved the governator joke. Eh, River can pull this off. He's awesome! Sweetestofdreams has a point. Did River even consult his wife on his child with Peaches? I small scandal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo well i never expected that - aren't things going to get a little complicated - What about Erika?? :o I can see drama coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just caught up with this and I love it! Love the way you fulfilled River's 'Have a Boy' wish!

    ReplyDelete