Tuesday, August 9, 2011

River - Gen 2 Ch 5

Another date? I guess the pool is better than the kiddie park. And there's a hot tub here, too.

Yup. I was hoping maybe I could actually get her to join me in the hot tub this time. Unlike the last two times I tried.

Yeah, the mac and cheese kinda interrupted everything last time. Well, let's see what we can do.


Whew. Here we are. Now what?

I suggest you put your arm around her.

Ah.. good idea. I should have thought of that.


Like this?

Just like that. See? She likes it.

Mmm. I like it too.


You can stop watching now. I'll take it from here.


What difference does it make? I can't see anything anyway. Besides, there's already an old guy watching you from his recliner.

Pfft. He's not watching us, he's too busy ogling the dude skinny dipping in front of him. You watched, didn't you?

Who me?


Ah, good plan - making friends with Erika's mom?

Yeah, just while I'm waiting for Erika to finish eating. Then we have better plans.


I swear, that's all you think about lately. That and hanging out in bars.

What? It's fun. Good clean fun, no strings attached.

Shouldn't you be starting to think about... oh.. I don't know... settling down, getting married, having babies... You're not getting any younger, you know.


I can't hear youuuu.


Seriously though, where's you sense of responsibility? You spent all night making out in Erika's hot tub - now it's dawn and you have to go to work soon.


Ugh... I totally forgot about work. I'm so tired I can barely stand up. And I bet Peaches is worried sick that I didn't come home at all last night.



Not so much. She was working out at the beach yesterday afternoon when she was spotted by a talent scout from the sports arena. He offered her a job, so she quit her part time job at the theater.



Then she spent the rest of the night trying to impress a vampire who promised to make her famous.

You kept track of all that while you were bothering me in the hot tub?

Of course. I like Peaches. I always keep my eye out for her.

Then why are you letting her hang out with vampires??

Oh come on. You worry too much. She'll be fine.


Unfortunately you both have been so busy with your own little agendas you forgot to pay the bills, and now your dishwasher is gone.

Eh, if he had to take something, I'm glad is was that.

True. It's not like you or Peaches ever does the dishes anyway.



I see you're all recovered after sleeping all day in the judge's chambers.

Yeah, he doesn't care. I got my promotion anyway, so we went out to celebrate.


Still celebrating?

Hehe. Yeah. We moved the celebration back to Erika's house, because , well... you know.


Uh huh. You wanted to woohoo with her again. It's just not right -  you really should make an honest woman of her, you know.

Stop bugging me about it, will you? Go watch Peaches for a while or something.


Besides, look at how happy Erika's mom is that I spent the night. If she and Erika don't mind, I really don't know why you should.

Okay, okay. I give up for now. It's your day off, what are you gonna do?



I was thinking I'd go to the park.

Well, that's good. Because  - have you checked your bank account recently?

Ack, No! Am I running out of money?

No, no. Just the opposite. You have enough money now to buy that venue you've been wanting forever. What do you think of this park? It's for sale.

It's perfect. I can't believe you found it! I don't know how to thank you!


You can thank me by going over to see Erika.

Sure thing. Oh wow... every time I see her, you know what I wanna do?

Yeah, yeah, I can see you want to woohoo with her again. But it's not gonna happen right now, bud. For one thing, are you that thick-headed you can't see she's really upset?

Hmm... I guess you're right. But, you'll help me do it later, right? Like you always do?

Not today, mister. Not until you do some things for me first.

Wha..?

Just for today, you're going to do what I say, or no woohoo. Got it?


First off, tell you you're really sorry about her mom. She died this morning after you left.

Oh no. I didn't know.

Only because you have such a one track mind.


Now rub her back a little. Make her feel special.

Like this?

You're getting the hang of it.


Okay, now the flowers.

This is actually kind of fun.

Of course it is. It's called woo-ing, and most people do it before the woo-hoo-ing, if you get my meaning.

I've always liked to just cut right to the chase.

I know, and it drives me crazy.


Now for the hard part. You need to ask her to be your girlfriend. It's just not fair to her, to spend all this time with her, and never commit to anything.

But what if she says no?

That's what you're worried about?  No girlfriend, no woohoo.

Okay, okay.
"Umm...Erika.. you know.. I.. well... what would you think...be my girlfriend?"



She said yes!

I don't know why you're so surprised. Of course she did. She loves you, you know.
One last thing, then you can take her to bed with you. She's all alone in the huge house now. I think you should offer to move in with her. It's not good for her to be alone here with her grief for her mom.

I can't do that. No way. What about Peaches? She's so shy, I can't leave her on her own.

Take her with you then. I bet she'll get along great with Erika. They have a lot in common - they both are virtuosos, after all.


Okay, now you can woohoo to your hearts content. And I won't make you do anything else, ever again.

Maybe tomorrow. I'm way too tired right now. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment