Wednesday, August 10, 2011

River - Gen 2 Ch 6

Let's see - horrendously ugly outfit, heading off to work - you must have gotten that promotion to City Councilman.

I did! I'm half way to my goal! Now I need to start working on my campaign contributions.


This is how you solicit campaign contributions?

Well, I was hoping I'd run into some likely donors here, but maybe you're right, a vampire lounge is probably not the best place. The drinks are good though! In fact, I think I'd like to try out the drinks at a few more places.


This place looks interesting.
"Excuse me sir, I'm your new city councilman. Would you like to donate to my campaign?"

I think maybe you should go with a less fish-faced look when you're soliciting donations.

Huh?

Never mind.

He gave me 250 simoleons. That's a pretty good start.

Hey, River. Isn't that your brother over there? Yeah, the guy telling off the old lady.


I guess I should say hi, shouldn't I? That lady looked happy to get away. I guess I don't blame her.

That would be the nice thing to do. And who knows? He's a division manager now at the business complex. Maybe he can help your campaign.


Uh oh. What happened? He doesn't look real happy with you.

Uh...yeah. I think he's mad I didn't go to dad's funeral.

Are you sure? That was a long time ago. I think maybe it's just Ocean being Ocean.

Whatever. He did say Cloudy's here somewhere, too.


Your little sister, all grown up.

Yeah, she's something, isn't she. She told me she's engaged - someone named Chris.

You should invite them over sometime, get to know them.

Maybe. We'll see.


Back to your favorite pastime? Woohoo in the hot tub?

Actually, we were just talking. I've been thinking of traveling - you know, just getting away from it all for a while - and Erika says she's always wanted to go to China.


Your wish is my command. China it is. Erika seems excited.

It's so amazing. Here we are in the Forbidden City. I think I'll buy one of those martial arts doodads. Then I want to visit the Temple of Heaven, then maybe meet one of the locals, and....



Hold your horses just a minute, River. What's wrong with Erika? She looks like she just saw a ghost.

Too many strange people, I think. I better bring her back to the hotel.



Which is fine by me. If there's one thing I like to do with Erika, its...

Okay, I get the hint. Have fun.


Today we thought it would be fun to visit the Academy and learn some martial arts.

So serious!

It is! If I don't concentrate, I get hit with these poles. You don't want me to have bruises all over my face, do you?


Wow, where'd you get those cool outfits?

The sensei at the Academy awarded them to us, pretty nice huh? This means we can spar together now.

Just be careful. Erika looks like she means business. And who is that guy taking pictures?


Uh, River. That guy from the Academy followed you back to the hotel.

So what? We're a little busy here right now, in case you hadn't noticed.

I did notice, that is why I said something. He followed you into the bathroom and is taking a picture of you right this moment. And his friend in the red is taking notes.

Oh Geez. Now what? How do we exit this scenario gracefully? Any ideas?

I dunno. Just walk out and pretend nothing happened?


 Erika is not happy. Our little shower adventure made all the local Chinese newspapers, I guess. So we are spending our last day goofing off at the hotel.

Hey, don't look at me. You two just decided to have your little fun all on your own. If you'd have asked me, I'd have told you to wait until the paparazzi were gone. Anyway, I hope you still had a good time, because it's time to head back home.


Back home, and back to the bars. What's the occasion this time?

Well, I still want to try out the drinks at a bunch of new bars. And I convinced Erika that she should do it too.

Of course. What an admirable goal. Almost as admirable as visiting - what was it? - ten hot spots?

Hey, it's good for networking, don't you know? Hot spots mean lots of people, which means lots of voters.


And, for your information, it's paying off. I just got promoted to Local Representative. That is what we are celebrating tonight. Next stop, Mayor!

Mmhm. Mayor. Good luck with that.

What's that supposed to mean?

Oh, nothing. Only your mom ran for mayor like five times and lost every time.

Well, I am not my mom. I can do this.


First things first. I need a huge war chest. I need to throw a campaign fund raiser.

Good idea! Who are you going to invite?

Hmm.. Peaches boss at the stadium would be good..and lets see..

I think you should invite your brother and sister. This would be a perfect time to meet her fiance! And I bet Ocean would contribute a bunch to your campaign.


I don't know why you talked me into inviting Ocean. I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.


And who it this? I don't remember inviting her?

River! This is Cloudy's fiance, Chris. I told you to invite her and Cloudy, don't you remember?

But.. but.. she's a... girl.

So what?

It just took me by surprise, that's all. I'm really happy for them.


Woo! Yes! Party's moving to the hot tub!

I think someone's a getting a little over excited about what's going on in the hot tub. One of them is your sister, for pete's sake!

But the other two aren't!


Uh oh.. what's happening to me?

It's your birthday! Did you forget?

I guess I did.


And look! Your brother even remembered the noisemakers. I don't think he's quite as bad as you make him out to be.

How do I look? Older? Fatter? Wrinkly?

No, no and no. I can't really tell any difference.

I don't believe you.


While you were on the patio, Peaches had her birthday in the kitchen with her two best friends from work. She's not stressing over wrinkles at all.

Well, good for her. I can stress if I want to.

*cough* midlife crisis *cough*

What was that?

Oh nothing.


I'd say you first fundraiser was a roaring success. Ocean even behaved himself.

Yeah, and he contributed to my campaign. I raised 47,000 simoleons. Can you believe it? Mayor Whisperwind, here I come!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like River's having a great life. So when does he get to have kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully soon! I was hoping he'd roll the wish to marry Erika after he asked her to be his girlfriend, but no dice. But they've been spending a heck of a lot of time doing risky woohoo on their own, so I'm thinking a baby has got to happen pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete