Wednesday, August 3, 2011

River - Gen 2 Ch 4

So, now that I found you this nice apartment, you're going to go all boring on me?

What do you mean? Cooking isn't boring. I'm getting pretty good at it, too.

It is too boring. You should be going out, looking for romance, meeting new people, that sort of thing.



Okay, how about this? I went out to the bookstore and bought a new recipe book.

That's not quite what I had in mind.



And Peaches isn't any better. When she isn't making drinks at the bar you insisted on buying...


....all she wants to do is play her guitar. How boring is that? Don't you two want any excitement in your lives?


Hey! You leave off Peaches. She's starting to get recognised around town for her music.

Yeah, I guess her jamming in the park is starting to bring in some much needed cash - since your ballot counting job is going nowhere fast.


I'm still not quite sure why you chose politics as your ultimate goal in life, anyway. All it does is stress you out.

It's just this ballot counting business. Math is not my strong suit, you know. Once I can get past that, I think things will get better.

In that case, I suggest you start going out and meeting people. Shake the boring out of your life, make something happen!

My life is not boring!

Yes it is!


Well, what about that burglar? That wasn't boring!

You want to know what's boring? Twin beds! I should buy you a double bed to share just to shake things up a bit.

Don't you dare! That would be like sleeping with my sister! Ewww!


What's this? A staring contest?

I'm just making sure this burglar doesn't leave before the police get here.

*cough* boring *cough*


Okay, this is not boring, I'll give you that. I always like a good fight.

Maybe you do. I just want it to be over so I can go back to sleep. I'm never gonna get that promotion if I can't get any rest.


Yay! You two actually went out dancing! I know it's 'not a date' but still!

Don't get all excited. Peaches' lifetime wish is to be rich and famous, so her agent sent her here to dance. I came with her since she was too shy to come by herself. All I'm doing is helping a friend. And besides, this place is dead. I think we're the only ones here. Peaches will be fine dancing by herself - I'm just gonna sneak off....




... and go skinny dipping over here in the hot tub. Hmmm. I never realized how relaxing a hot tub could be. Maybe I should buy one - to help out with work stress, you know.

Maybe later. Right now you have no money, and nowhere to put it. Two minor details.

I suppose you're right. In that case, I want to buy a venue.

What? Those are even more expensive! But okay. I'll see what I can do. You have to start saving your money, though. And start getting promoted at work!


Back to boring again? I thought after your skinny dipping adventure you might be interested in doing something besides sit at home and read the paper.

For your information, I'm checking hot spots. That place last night was so dead. I'm taking your advice, and trying to find somewhere a little more exciting. I really need to meet more people if I ever want to get promoted.

Finally! Let's go! Are you going to bring Peaches?

She's working at the theater tonight. And besides, she really doesn't like going out much. Crowds bother her.

And she wants to be famous. Right. Where do you guys come up with these lifetime wishes anyway? Pull them out of a hat?


Lots of elderly women and young men. Not the best combination for a hot spot, but maybe it'll get better as the night progresses.

I'm not here to meet girls. I'm making connections for my career, that's all.

Just keep on telling yourself that. In the mean time, I"ll keep my eye out for pretty girls for you.

Arghhh! Give it up already!

No way. Since you've decided that Peaches is like a sister to you, you need to start meeting other girls.


How about Erika here? You should say hi to her, practice your charisma a little.

If you say so. She is pretty.


You two seem to be getting on pretty well!

Yup. She's really nice. We have a lot in common.


I think she likes you!

You think so?

She wouldn't be looking at you like that if she didn't.

Do you think I should kiss her? I really want to kiss her.


Of course you should kiss her!Why wouldn't you?

Are you happy now?

Very.

Me too.


I can't wait to see her again. I'm gonna ask her out on a date tomorrow night.

Perfect! I'm so excited! You see? I told you good things would happen if you'd just get out and meet people once in a while!



You went to the kiddie playground? For your date!? Really?

What's wrong with the playground? It's a fun place to hang out. Erika likes being outdoors just like I do. I thought it was perfect.


And I've been wanting to play hopscotch with her ever since last night.

Never mind. You and your hopscotch. I should have known.


Another date? Are things getting a little more serious perhaps? Any urges to ask Erika to be your girlfriend?

Geez. Give it a rest. This is only our second date. I do see something here that I do want to do though.


River! Skinny dipping again!?

Well, I was thinking... If I could get Erika in the hot tub with me.. Maybe .. One thing might lead to another... and..

You want to woohoo with her?? Right here in this crowded bar? Have you lost your mind?


Apparently I did. Lose my mind that is. But only for a few minutes. Then Erika suggested we go to her house instead.

Suggested? I didn't hear any suggesting.

Okay. She said she had to go home. So I thought I'd just...

Follow her home?

Maybe. I really want to ... you know...

Yeah, yeah. The woohoo thing. Let's see if we can make it happen.


So far so good. She seems to be happy that you followed her home. Okay, time to go for it!

"Mmm, Erika. Shall we... retire to the hot tub?"

"You go ahead, I'll be right there. I just need to grab something quick."

She wants to do it!



What the...??? River, why is Erika bringing a tray of mac and cheese ingredients into the hot tub with her??


Sigh. She just got in long enough to tell me she wants to make some mac and cheese first, before we... you know.


So, I guess it's mac and cheese instead of woohoo tonight, eh?

Yeah, it smelled so good, I decided I just had to have some. It's my favorite meal, after all.

Only you, River, would be more excited about mac and cheese that woohoo. But don't worry, I'll make sure that you get your woohoo wish soon.


********************************************
River really doesn't like his politics job. He's so slow getting promoted because he ends up stressed out every day at work. We'll see if it gets better as he moves up the ladder. Why he ever rolled that LTW with his traits is beyond me.

Twallan's woohooer mod has a friendly interaction called "consider attractiveness". When River used it on Peaches the result was "River doesn't consider Peaches at all attractive. Score: 1 of 10". No wonder he wasn't rolling any romantic wishes for her. So I had to send him out looking for greener pastures. Erika is a random townie who happened to be at the bar. I was surprised when he rolled the wish to kiss her immediately after introducing himself.      

2 comments:

  1. aarrr its ashame he doesn't like Peaches but Erika is nice - she has a nice house too!!!! I was laughing at all of the oldies in the night club so was surprised when Erika appeared - cant wait to see what happens next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice River has a romantic intrest. I was kind of hoping for Peaches since they look cute together, but Ericka is pretty too. I've used that interaction in other games and I don't think it's always right since I have a girl all she rolled was wants for the guy and it always told me she thougth he scored 1 of 10.

    ReplyDelete