Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Misty - Gen 1 Ch 6

River's out rock collecting again?

Yeah, he's obsessing about some quest or something. He just has to find a rainbow gem, he says. He keeps thinking luminorous gems are rainbows, and is continually disappointed. I told him they're so rare he's never gonna find one, but he just doesn't give up.



At least he's doing his homework.

Oh good. He never does it at home. He'll start on it, then pop up and start flinging his pillow around again. Most days he ends up doing it on the bus on the way to school.

Yeah, I told you, that imaginary friend is bad news.

I still think you're crazy. No way that doll came alive.


Today I sent him to the library to work on his writing. His teacher called and said there's extra credit if he writes something for her.

Good thinking. The more he stays away from Peaches the better, if you ask me.

Peaches?

... the crazy doll thing - that's what he named it.


I decided to have a big party for Ocean's birthday!

Aww.. he's so cute blowing out his candles!


Happy Birthday, Ocean!

Why is Aaron laughing at him?

Hehe. He's so funny. He always laughs whenever anyone has a birthday.

Oh yeah, I forgot.. captain inappropriate.


Wow, Misty. There's actually room on the table for the cake plates! Aren't you glad I made you hire that maid?

Maybe...

By the way, where's River? I don't see him at the party.

He said he had something to do after school. Probably out fishing or looking for rocks again.


Uh, Misty. He's hanging out in a bar??

Don't be such a worry wart. I'm sure he'll be fine. He'll come home when he's tired. I thought you said was good for him to be out of the house. I left some salad on the counter for him when he gets home.

Yeah, but... never mind.



I think you should have put that salad in the fridge, Misty. River decided to have some for breakfast, and I don't think it's gonna be pretty.


Nope, not pretty at all. Do you think he should stay home from school?

No way. I felt his head. It's not hot, so he's going to school.

Such a sympathetic mother.



Hey, I resent that. I'm a good mom. I even read my kids to sleep!

From your cookbook?

Ocean picked it, not me.

Well, he does seem to like it. You're right. I take it back. You are a good mom.


No party for Cloudy's birthday?

Nah, I've been too busy at work. I got a promotion to stage hand. And tonight I had to stay late, so no party.


What are you all excited about today?

It's my birthday!


I told everyone not to make a fuss, but River insisted on hauling out his noise maker anyway.


Eww... I'm not so sure about this. Suddenly I feel way old.

You look great.. for your age.

You're not helping any.

Don't worry, you still have a lot of life left in you. But I do think it's time to get serious about your guitar skill, don't you?

I am serious about it! I really want to finish it, but stuff keeps happening. 


Like children. I'm getting really tired of this Peaches business. It's all River wants to talk about. Even on my birthday. I can't wait till he become a teen, I"m sure he'll forget about it then.

At least he helped you celebrate. Where's Aaron and Ocean?


Oh, they're in the kitchen playing monster again, I think. It's Ocean's favorite game. He just loves sneaking up behind people and scaring them.


And when he's not scaring people, he's in the basement playing with that chemistry set we got  him. He has all kinds of ideas for potions - but why would anyone want to make a horror potion... or a stink potion?

Hmm... why indeed. I think your second son might have a bit of a evil streak.

Aww, not my sweet little Ocean. Not possible. I don't believe you.

In any case, are you sure it's a good idea to let him play with that chemistry set? He seems to have the same coordination problems that River does, and he gets singed an awful lot. And now he's racing around outside like a maniac, playing tag with his imaginary friend.

Don't start with the imaginary friend business again. I already told you I don't believe it. And don't worry, he'll be fine.

Aren't you at least going to make him take a shower?

Nah, he's a big boy, he'll do it eventually.


Misty! Where are you? Aaron's having his birthday, and River is the only one celebrating again.


Awww.. I'm at work. That's the one drawback of working evenings. How's he doing?

He doesn't look real happy.



Well, I'll just to see what I can do about that. I think he's still just as handsome as ever, don't you agree?

Of course. You guys are so cute together.


And I see you're working on your guitar again! Very good! Almost there, yes?

Almost!


Unfortunately while you're at the Riverdale theater holding your little impromptu concert, River is having his birthday.

Unfortunately? No, his birthday is a good thing. Maybe now he's forget about that silly Peaches thing.



Uh, Misty. By unfortunate, I meant that you aren't here? And the only one celebrating with him is Peaches.

Oh, hmm. I guess you're right. But the end is in sight for my lifetime goal. I can almost taste it. Just a little more guitar skill, and I'll be there.


Oh, and Misty. Just a word of warning. I don't think the Peaches problem is going away any time soon. In fact, I think it just got worse.

Pffft. How could it possibly get any worse?

You'll see.

2 comments:

  1. At least River is still friends with his IF. Raspberry isn't friends with hers since all it does is bore her to death and scare her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the IF annoy me try having 6 kids in the house with 6 IF's running around they don't half cause a lot of problems I never fetch them out of the childs inventory out so they stay as dolls.

    ReplyDelete