Monday, July 18, 2011

River - Gen 2 Ch 1

Hey! River! Yeah, you on the bike! Where are you going? And why the bike still? I thought your mom taught you how to drive?

Oh great. It's you. My mom warned me this might happen. I'm on my way to work at the Science Facility. And for your information, cars don't grow on trees. At least that's what mom told me when I asked her for one.

Where is your mom, anyway? I haven't seen her or your dad since this morning.

Some sort of free vacation, I guess. They both took off out of here in a rush. Leaving me to take care of things, I might add.



What about your brother? He's old enough to help out.

Yeah, right. Like anyone would trust him with anything.

Point taken. Where's he going in that limo, anyway?


*Shrug* Off to the prom, I guess.

What!? It's prom night? Why aren't you there?

I already told you. I have to work.

But... but.. you could've asked for the night off! Don't you realize that 90% of sims meet their future spouses at the prom?

You just made that up.



Besides, I didn't want to go. I just know Ocean would try and suck me into whatever evil plans he has for the evening. I even saw him loading rolls of toilet paper into his backpack when he was getting ready this afternoon.



After work you went to the library? You do realize it's only 7 pm. You still have plenty of time to make it to the prom if you want to. You know, meet some girls... have some fun.

No way. I want to study up on gardening, for my job. And I don't want to meet any girls. The only girl I really like is Peaches.

Oh geez. You're not still obsessing about her, are you? You've never gonna make her real, you realize that, don't you?



Hah! That what you think. I finally found a rainbow gem. I didn't dare say anything. Ocean would just try to steal it - he's been looking for one too, you know. I've been saving it for the exact right time. Now, mom and dad are out of town, and Ocean's at prom. It's time to act on that letter from the Science Facility.

You don't think your mom and dad will mind you spending 4500 Simoleons on a magical potion that may or may not work? They wouldn't even buy you a car.


I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. It has to work, it just has to!


Uh oh! What did I do? "Peaches! Are you alright?"

River! I think it's working!


Eeeeeee! River, it worked!

".........."

River, don't just stand there staring at her! Say something.



"Uh... hi!"

That's it? All that time and effort, and now all you can think of to say is 'hi'?

But... she's so pretty. I don't know what to say. Uh oh. I hear Ocean coming in. He's gonna be so jealous. I hope he doesn't beat me up.


Whew, I guess I lucked out. He hardly even noticed Peaches.

I think he's in a good mood from the prom. He made prom king, you know. And he had a blast toilet papering the principals office.

You see? I'm so glad I didn't go.



Cloudy wanted waffles for breakfast this morning.

Such a good big brother. You really are taking care of things while your parents are gone, aren't you?

I try... unlike someone else I know..*cough* Ocean *cough*... He's still sound asleep. I tried to wake him up, but he says he's gonna ditch school today. I don't understand how he gets away with all this stuff.



I gave Peaches one of mom's old guitars. I don't think mom'll mind, do you? She loves music even more than mom does, I think.

I think she might mind more about the the mess you guys are making in the kitchen. The maid can't even keep up with it.

That's silly. Why would she mind about something like that? I can't remember her ever complaining about dirty dishes.

Don't say I didn't warn you..


Uh.. River. I thought you guys promised your parents that you wouldn't have any parties while they were gone.

We did. Why?

Ocean has a bunch of his friends over, hanging out in the front yard. And I think the neighbors just called the cops.

Oh great. Knowing me, and knowing Ocean, I'll probably get blamed for it, you just watch.


Why the long face today?

My parents got back while we were at school today. I just know they're gonna blame me for the party last night. And Peaches has barely said a word to me since I made her real. What if she doesn't like me?

Well, have you talked to her about it?

No.

Maybe you should.

Maybe. I just don't know what to say.


"It wasn't me, dad! I swear!"
You see? They left me in charge, so everything's my fault. Now I'm grounded for two days, and I didn't even do anything.

Well, you did kinda trash the house.

It wasn't just me!

I did try to warn you...


At least Ocean got into just as much trouble as I did. At first I thought he was gonna get away with it, but after dad lectured me, he went after Ocean. So at least it's not totally unfair. Just mostly. And they never even mentioned the 4500 Simoleons. They just told Peaches she has to sleep in Cloudy's room.

That's good news at least. Have you made any progress talking to Peaches?



I haven't really talked to her. But I did ask her to play hopscotch with me.

That seems to have put you in a better mood, anyway.

Spending time with Peaches always puts me in a good mood. I'm still grounded, but at least she makes me feel better about it.

I still think you should talk to her. Just sayin'.

Yeah yeah. I'm still trying to think of something to say.


I think your brother is up to something. He's been brewing up stink potions non-stop ever since he got home from school.

I don't know what he thinks he's gonna do with them. We're still grounded, after all.


Are you sure? He doesn't look grounded.

He snuck out!? Ohh... he's gonna get it when mom and dad find out. Where's he going??


He's at the neighborhood cantina, throwing back drinks like a pro.

Grrr... so not fair. How does he get away with it? If I tried something like that I wouldn't even make it past the front door without getting caught.


Uh oh.. now I know what he wanted with those stink potions. The bartender's not going to be happy about this. She's staring him down.

Hah.. did she catch him?

Doesn't look like it. I think he got away with it.

That is so not fair.



This prank pulling is becoming a nightly thing, isn't it? Tonight it's bags of flaming poo.

I don't even wanna hear about it. Ocean thinks he can get away with anything now. He never gets caught.

Why are you so upset about it? It's not like you've ever wanted to do anything remotely bad anyway, that I can remember.

That's true. I probably wouldn't do that stuff even if I knew I wouldn't get caught. But still...it just doesn't seem quite fair.


River! Wake up! Do you knew where Peaches is?

Uhh.. isn't she sleeping? It's the middle of the night.

I hate to be the one to break this to you. But, no. She snuck out of the house.

Wha?? She wouldn't do something like that.

I'm sorry to say she did. She and Ocean are egging the neighbors house together as we speak.

Nooo... it's not possible. Not my Peaches. And with Ocean?? I'm gonna strangle him!



I don't think you'll have to go to such extremes. I'm pretty sure Ocean's little pranking spree is about to come to an end.

But what about Peaches? What's gonna happen to her? And why would she go off with Ocean like that??

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad River won. And ooo, Peaches is hanging out with Ocean now that she's real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches is adorable! Rivers such a good boy I hope he gets the girl in the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really glad River won :) Peaches is nice, pity she is hanging out with Ocean - he is sooo naughty lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Ocean is bad. Almost all his wishes involve sneaking out or pranking. He has a pretty much constant rebellious moodlet. River never is rebellious. Peaches got rebellious one time, hopefully it was just a phase.

    ReplyDelete